screen.brussels Film Commission is the Brussels Region's film office for film crews, location scouts and location managers. We are the special partner for your filming and parking permit requests in the Brussels region.
We are at your service
- To inform you, guide you and help you obtain filming permits and parking reservations in the Brussels Region.
- To guide you in your search for sets and specific filming locations.
- To put you in touch with contacts and help you move forward with your projects.
- To support eco-tourism initiatives through a coaching programme.
Useful information before submitting your application
In order to film or take photographs on the public highway, various authorities must give their consent, depending on the type of project, the locations chosen and the possible disruption caused. The Film Commission centralises your applications and follows up with the relevant authorities (with deadlines, conditions and fees).
Are you shooting a student film or a commercial? If your filming is outside the area of 1000 Brussels, your filming permit application forms, attachments and contact details will be sent to the authorities and services of the municipality concerned by your application for direct processing.
To improve the quality of the information and the processing of your application, it is important to:
- Meet the deadlines that will be mentioned at all stages of your application. In addition, your application must be submitted in good time, meeting the deadlines required by each municipality (see table further on this page).
- Avoid changing your application(s) once submitted.
- Fill in each field on the form correctly and accurately.
Conditions for filming in the Brussels-Capital Region
Brussels is more and more often on the screen! Our streets, our parks and our atmosphere regularly feature in series, feature films or auteur films. In order to ensure your filming runs smoothly in the location you have chosen, we ask production teams to:
- Meet the regulations set by the municipalities.
- Comply with the advice given by the municipal authorities and the police.
- Respect the local residents, in particular by distributing a clear leaflet informing them that filming will be taking place (with precise dates) and providing contact details.
- Behave with respect and civic-mindedness at the filming location.
- Return the filming location to its original state.
- Ensure that the parking reservation signs have been placed as requested.
- Be able to present the documents issued to a representative of the authorities at any time.
Application deadlines for filming in the Brussels-Capital Region
To enable the Film Commission to follow up your application with the relevant authorities, please submit your completed application and attachments within the deadlines set by the authorities:
- Anderlecht (postcode 1070): 15 working days + 5 days to process your request (in case of big production 45 working days + 5 days to process your request)
- Auderghem (postcode 1160): 10 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Berchem-Sainte-Agathe (postcode 1082): 30 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Brussels City/Laeken/Neder-Over-Heembeek/Haren (postcode 1000): 10 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Etterbeek (postcode 1040): 30 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Evere (postcode 1140): 15 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Forest (postcode 1190): 10 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Ganshoren (postcode 1083): 15 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Ixelles (postcode 1050): 15 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Jette (postcode 1090): 10 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Koekelberg (postcode 1081): 45 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Molenbeek-Saint-Jean (postcode 1080): 10 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Saint-Gilles (postcode 1060): 10 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Saint-Josse-ten-Noode (postcode 1210): 10 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Schaerbeek (postcode 1030): 30 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Uccle (postcode 1180): 15 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Watermael-Boitsfort (postcode 1170): 25 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Woluwe-Saint-Lambert (postcode 1200): 15 working days + 5 days to process your request
- Woluwe-Saint-Pierre (postcode 1150): 10 working days + 5 days to process your request
More about screen.brussels
Learn more about screen.brussels, which brings together all the regional services supporting its audiovisual industry: screen.brussels.
Submit your filming request in three steps
- Fill in all fields of this application form electronically. Send it as soon as possible to the following email address: email@example.com
Please note: Brussels is comprised of 19 municipalities or bouroughs. Each one has its own regulations in terms of filming. Hence, we ask you to meet the the regulations set by the municipalities of your choice as well as the deadlines (i.e. between 15 and 50 working days before the start date for shooting, depending on the regulations, also see table above.
- We will process your request as soon as possible. The screen.brussels Film Commission.
- For your application to be complete, you will also need to send us the following compulsory attachments (indicating your ID/application reference in the subject of your email):
- Presentation file, synopsis and/or note of intent
- Copy of civil liability or professional insurance
- COVID Protocol
- Site plans and/or location photos
- Bilingual information draft for local residents (available here)
- The waiver letter if your shooting takes place in the municipality of Saint-Gilles (available here)
The Brussels Region film office team:
Nina Strynckx, Laura Nuti
We process and follow up your requests on working days, from Monday to Friday (from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm).
Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to provide you with the best possible service, you can reach us by phone in the afternoon between 2pm and 5pm at +32 2 289 60 82.
The office is closed on holidays and weekends.
rue Royale 2-4 Koningsstraat - 1000 Brussels